I’ve sailed around the world one and half times with Noel, I’ve not only grown, I’ve learned so much… here are my thoughts after our second trip across the Pacific Ocean… some of these learnings I use in talks at schools…
- Sailing is my drug. When I’m scared, I feel alive; when times are tough, my senses are heightened. Surviving the demands of furious seas enhances calm anchorages.
- I must feed my addiction of adrenaline-thumping emotions of electrifying fear and invigorating fright.
- It doesn’t matter what we tackle as long as tension, terror, anticipation, and elation can have a punch-up in my gut and come out battered and bruised – but, still mates.
- The most important part of seizing life by the scruff of the neck and relishing it is learning to love yourself. It doesn’t matter if you are living in paradise or a shoe-box; if you don’t like yourself, you won’t like your life. You must love the boat you have, and love the body (and mind) you have, too. If you don’t, a trip won’t change that, and it will never be special.
- We must all face compromises to move forward in life. Many concessions are our own decision, but there are also penalties in how people perceive you, especially if you are a little different.
I urge you to be different; step outside the box; allow your light to shine. We all make career, family, and money decisions. Whatever you do, someone somewhere will judge you.
Have faith, follow your inner compass, and be gracious, because then you can’t fail.
If that means standing away from the crowd and making yourself a prime target for opinionated people, then keep this in mind: those who are ostracised, judged, and questioned are remembered.
This Is It – 2 hemispheres, 2 people, and 1 boat details our two-year trip crossing the Pacific Ocean
Of Foreign Build – From Corporate Girl To Sea Gypsy Woman details our nine-year circumnavigation on a small boat
A Standard Journey – 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent details our adventure living with five adopted horses in the Australian bush for several months.
If you want to know what we’re up to right now – on a Dutch barge in Europe, look here.
Author blog: www.jackieparry.com
Travel blog: www.noelandjackiesjourneys.com
Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00OT9CWV8
Amazon book links
A Standard Journey: viewBook.at/astandardjourney
Of Foreign Build: viewBook.at/OfForeignBuild
Cruisers’ AA (accumulated acumen): viewBook.at/cruisersaa
This Is It: viewBook.at/thisisit
Audio Excerpt Of Foreign Build: http://goo.gl/AnsKRr
Photo album of A Standard Journey: http://goo.gl/1QgMp2
Photo album of Of Foreign Build: https://jackieparry.com/of-foreign-build-photo-album/
Photo album of Cruisers’AA: https://jackieparry.com/pics/
Photo album of This Is It: https://jackieparry.com/photos-this-is-it/
A Standard Journey FB Page: https://goo.gl/uV7NGY
Cruisers’ AA FB Page: https://goo.gl/2vEnkB
Of Foreign Build FB Page: https://goo.gl/VvLT3M
Listen to me chat to Carol Graham (Never Ever Give Up) about sailing, pirates, adopting horses, and surviving life! http://app.stitcher.com/splayer/f/69073/41215218