This morning we heard from friends, a couple. She has had a heart-attack. Their life has been turned on its head. Their dream (which they have started) of sailing to a new country to start a business has been thwarted. She is younger than me (I am 43).
It’s moments like these that stop me worrying about how crazy our ideas are and how much money we are spending on our next adventure.
I am sure we all feel this way, a sad, worrisome, thought-provoking piece of news makes us all think. But how do we continue to appreciate what we have, how do we stop taking our health and our short time on this planet for granted.
Do we need constant ‘bad’ news to provide that kick up the backside each day? I hope not, here’s what I try to remember:
2) Love yourself; appreciate yourself
3) Accept change as an exciting challenge
4) Choose happiness
5) Aim for the light in everything you do
6) Mistakes aren’t failures – they are lessons learnt, leading you to a better path
7) Live in the moment (my biggest challenge!)
8) Count your blessings – literally!
9) Dream as though you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die tomorrow
10) Life IS short
What mantras do you adopt to keep positive?